Have your artwork ready to go?
Simply upload it using the upload square on our Submit a Job page.
Need help getting started?
No problem! Download the best CD/DVD and Packaging templet for your project. Take a look at the tips below for pointers on how to create your artwork files that will work for both you and our systems for printing.
Full artwork Design services.
Have an idea for your disc face or packaging but just don't know how or have the software to put it all together? Just want a new look with a fresh set of eyes? Disc, Inc. can help you create the perfect consistent look and feel that strengthens your branding. Customizing your CDs and DVDs to match your printed material reinforces that image. Contact us and let us know what you have in mind and we will get started design it for you.
Artwork Tips for the Perfect Disc Face
Follow these tips to ensure the best print for your design:
- Provide artwork in a native file format such as Photoshop (.PSD), Adobe Illustrator (.AI) or Correl Draw (.CDR) whenever possible. High resolution PDFs will work, but aren't always the best.
- Artwork should always have a bleed, whether you are printing discs or paper. Don't cut it to fit the exact template. Leave any hang-over as a bleed.
- If you include circles in your artwork file to show placement, do not flatten the image with the circles embedded.
- When using fonts that aren't standard, use the "convert to curves" option in your software.
- Image will always reproduce better at 300 dpi. A lower dpi may result in a fuzzy or pixilated image.
- If color is critical, notify us up front and provide an accurate paper print proof to color match.
- PDF files are great for showing layout but not color. Color displays differently from monitor to monitor.
- Don't rely solely on the electronic proof. Print the file to check color, as color also varies from monitor to paper. (And remember tip #6...)
- When printing black thermal, set up your artwork as black only. No grayscale.
- If you ever have a question, call us! We are always ready to help.